Sign in to follow this  
jengske

Need help on some textures

hi all,

i have some big converting problems .

1- i use photoshop6.0 to make textures

2- i save as tga ore gif ore jpg ( all the same)

3- i use textvieuw to convert to paa/pac ( he skrew my nice textures)

4- i used every format and resolution and still the same effect wen converting it

and wen i load the textures onto the model and vieuw them, my nice green color is changing to a verry ugly rasterized thing to bad to call color .

i opend some addons and have seen that some people use jpg instead of the paa/pac files , so now i wanna now how they put the jpg's onto the model and wat program used for it?

if you cane help us plz let us now

ok to use Jpg, put jpg file into ur addon. Then where it comes to texturing face/object with that texture and u have to browse for it open the folder it is in. Ok O2 cant officialy open Jpg as the browse options only allow u to open file types .gif, .tga and .pac/.paa.

Therefore type in the jpg name and put .jpg on the end. Then click ok and it should load the texture.

Hope this was what u meant and that u undertand.

yes that was wat i wanna now ,thx m8 i only need todo the top and bottom texture of the rar-66 and then normaly next week its ready to beta test, but i go test it just fill in the jpg name +extention in o2 ok

then in my next model i use jpg to see the differice.

but if you need ore help somtimes just give me a call.

hi yes i did wat he told in te previus reply

just hit the A texturemode and type in the jpg name like wheel.jpg , he gives a converting error but he laod the texture and then just hit B and he paste the texture to the object here is a ingame vieuw of one of my frend models i textured mostly jpg and some paa files

screen.jpg

not bad the textures he in paa converting this will be wurser i test it

the only thing you need to watch if using jpg is if you have like one flat green color you need to add some noise to it so ingame its not like a cartoon texture, for the detailed ones its ok but you must see for your self ingame how the textures fit