Sign in to follow this  

Hello.

I really need some help regarding the brilliant mod from DA, ScopeFX.

Basically when I first downloaded this mod it took nearly 5 minutes to load an MSO server which normally took a minute at most, then the FPS ingame was shocking it grinded to 15-20FPS which I had to investigate further. I asked permission from the author to try and simplify the mod leaving only the scopeFX lens effect inplace. After much work I managed to cut most of the addon features out of the mod. Still ingame the FPS is now round 30FPS which I cannot understand why?  

• 1. DA provided a fix for the server loading parameters on MSO but unfortunately it breaks other dedicated server missions?
if (!isDedicated) then {
	0 spawn {
		waitUntil {
			time > 1 && !isNil "BIS_GC" && !isNil "BIS_fnc_init"
		};
		if (isNil ("horde_tir_mod_running")) exitWith {
			horde_tir_mod_running = true;

I believe the script needs another parameter, if the function is not found ie ''BIS_GC'' wait 20 seconds? 

• 2. Upon respawn the mod breaks.
	waitUntil {alive player};
	if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then
	{
			waitUntil {horde_tir_detect_script_done};
		} else
		{
			waitUntil {horde_tir_detect_script_done and horde_tir_weapon_mode_script_done};
		};
	};

I'm not 100% sure that this relates to the respawn aspect but maybe this could be altered?

• 3. The mod lags the game severely.

If anyone would like to download the mod here is the link I've provided a PBO and unPBO file. I've managed to gain 15FPS at least but its not smooth no where near its unplayable at the moment. Seems if you look at any ammo/weapon cache the game lags out the worse. Such a great mod it would be such a shame to abandon this addon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1oit32egqo5i0s/scopefx.rar?dl=0

Thankyou for your time and hope to speak soon.