Roundbox

Help for a beginner ?

Just started playing. Love it but don't last long at all. So few questions for you pros...

1) Can you save progress at all?

2) Started on regular but can't last at all. Should I downgrade to novice?

3) How do you turn shirts into bandages?

thanks in advance. 

Hello RoundBox, glad to hear that you are enjoying the game.

1) Yes progress saves automatically, though not for multiplayer on the browser version. (Browser version is the current only version with the multiplayer feature. 

2) Yes I think that would be a good idea. It would allow you to develop a better understanding of the gane mechanics.

3) For mobile, equip the shirt, then tap it, and select "tear into rags". Same process for browser only right click.

Here is a very nice guide posted on the reddit. Though I have only copied a specific piece of the guide, I strongly recommend that you take a look at it, as it has a lot of other very useful information, like descriptions of zombies, guns, and their corresponding ammo type, crafting and much more. ^^

**However please note that not all weapons displayed on the infograph are not actually in Mini DayZ, though ammo listing is correct.***

>>complete guide to mini dayz

Survival Tips

• Avoid melee combat, it is very dangerous and damaging to your gear. Use a gun or unlock the sprinter perk and run away from zombies.

• Don't take on bandits until you're ready. Bandits are very deadly, especially when they have guns. If you have a gun and they don't, take them out. Otherwise, stay away from them until you have godly gear.

• Live off the land. If your storage is full, and you find some food, pick it up, eat it and continue on. It's unlikely you'll come back for it. Also, prioritise rice and kvas. Those give you the most food and drink bonuses.

• If you find wolves while going from one town to another, don't kill them. Let them chase you into the town, then run past some zombies. The wolves will kill the zombies for you and then you can easily take them out.

• At night, turn your brightness all the way up and keep going OR hide out in a house.

From /u/waperperks

• Avoid all combat unless absolutely necessary. Getting hit reduces equipment condition which in turn affects your ability to resist the cold. By doing so, you conserve ammunition and your weapon condition, allowing you to last longer. Also, if shot, you will bleed, wasting your bandages.

• On your veteren playthrough, do not stand still to ponder about life. Plan your route first (i.e. what path to take to visit all military bases). Constantly move around to find food and water as your food and water bar drops fast.

• When you find drinks (especially in towns), do not immediately use it as there may be a tap nearby which you can drink from. You can then bring the drink along with you.

• Eat or drink stuff which fills up little of the bar first. I.e. eating 2 canned tuna instead of the rice. This tip helps you to conserve slots.

• If full on water and food while exploring towns, do not immediately eat or drink anything that you find. Explore the town first then come back for it later when you need it. Doing so makes your food and water bars last longer.

• Avoid military outposts unless you have good gear (not military bases). The loot there isn't impressive and you will usually use more ammo than you get in return.