Weston21

Using a Joystick as a Gunnery Item

I am using a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick as a form of Gunnery item. In real life there are tanks and helicopters where the gunners are using a joystick or two to control and fire the main guns and missles of the Vehicles. I was able to set the Joystick to the tanks, IFVs, and AFVs weapon systems so i could get better accuracy and better feel for being a gunner with a Joystick. My problem is mainly with Helicopters. I cannot seem to be able to use my Joystick as a Gunnery option in a helicopter and we all see a joystick in our persons hand when flying and gunning in one. Anyone know of a way to map the keys to be able to use the joystick as a gunner in Arma 3? Anyone who has an idea of how please help me. Thank you!!

I was also interested in doing this, so I could use Manual Fire when flying a helicopter, and then control the aim and fire of the turret.  I found that when I tried to assign the analog Aim Turret functions to my joystick, it wouldn't work.  But when I used a combination key along with the joystick, like holding down CTRL while using the joystick to aim, it then worked.  So maybe trying using a modifier key along with it, and see if that works for you. Not sure if this is the same problem you're having, but maybe it will help. :)

Thanks Anzu for the reccomendation. I'll go and try that when i get on. 

To use your joy stick to fire weapons in helicopters , you have to bind your fire key in joystick in the weapons menu. All the while we have been looking at the wrong place for this, so instead of searching an option in helicopter menu, go to weapons menu - click the fire button- bind the joystick fire button.