_leech

Tablet map control/view/command app (CommandUplink)

Just stumbled upon this:

This is a prototype version of CommandUplink a map/command app for ARMA3.

It currently consists of a toolset that stitches the satellite tile data extracted from a maps PBO file. This allows it to work with any new terrains and keeps the app size down. The map image is then copied to the device and it can then be used to track your position during a mission.
The shown Altis 4096x4096 is 33 Meg in size.
It is also able to issue commands, currently only select all units as a test.

I would like the final version to include the topographic map and building/road data extracted from the EMF meta files that can be saved from within ARMA 3.
Also I would like a command tab to simplify team selection and issuing commands perhaps even issuing waypoint and attack commands on the touch screen.
If technically possible I would like to support ARMA 2 as well.

The prototype is written in Unity and therefore Windows, iOS, Android and many other platforms would be possible to support.

I am using this video to gauge interest in this idea to see if it’s worth investing in, the final app would probably cost $5 or less.

reddit link

dev site

• Like 1

Why now am I just stumbling across this? Unbelievable great idea! This paired with Advanced AI command  would be epic. I feel like AIC is underrated, and the author should have continued development, for the people who enjoy SP or even MP with the ability to Command troop on a large scale would appreciate these two ideas combined. I hope the right person sees this post and can make this idea a reality!