Sign in to follow this  
Bagel

Please help the newbie

I have two quick qiestions in respect of problems I am having getting started with Oxygen.

1) I am unable to load textures, it keeps telling me texture not loaded. I have followed the tutorials, even the simplest i.e. texturing the crate. I select texture mode "A" and right click to bring up menu, choose load texture and select the PAA or PAC file. I then double click on the LOD and proceed to drag the area where I want to texture. When I press "B" I get the message "Texture not loaded" , Help please!

2) when I go to external viewer I get a message that it is unable to activate or find "Glide.dll" or something to that effect, Help again !!

Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) I am unable to load textures, it keeps telling me texture not loaded. I have followed the tutorials, even the simplest i.e. texturing the crate. I select texture mode "A" and right click to bring up menu, choose load texture and select the PAA or PAC file. I then double click on the LOD and proceed to drag the area where I want to texture. When I press "B" I get the message "Texture not loaded" , Help please!

<span id='postcolor'>

hmm i always select first the faces i want to skin and then i press "A" and load a texture and press b when its on the right position smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) when I go to external viewer I get a message that it is unable to activate or find "Glide.dll" or something to that effect, Help again !!

<span id='postcolor'>

maybe this will help, copy your Flashpoint.cfg file to the map where buldozer is located, also buldozer has to be on c:/ or on d:/ or something it must not be in a folder

I am afraid that is not the problem , I have tried this with every possible combination. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here! Man it's frustarting!!!

My buldozer is in a folder off the root i.e. C:\viewer , is this a problem?

Thanks again

Have you even set the dll folder??

This looks like that...

So I suggest you to read readme.txt first, then set the dll folders etc.

And I have the whole set in C:\ofp\o2\ and works perfectly, newer had a single error. Even if I'm using 98 SE

I saw you having buldozer in C:\viewer (right?)

Put it in C:\

And copy all *dll from buldozer to your O2 path, in O2 define in option tab buldozer path : C:\buldozer -noland -dx

And dll path c:\(your o2 path)

don't forget to copy the *cfg from the game to c:\ .....or o2 humm I don't remember... try.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">or o2 humm I don't remember<span id='postcolor'>

to the directory whre your buldozer.exe is located smile.gif

I have the same problem with textures. Could this go back to the problem of not being able to get buldozer to work?

There doesn't seem to be any real solution to this problem. I've checked everywhere for a fix with no luck. Tried reinsalling everything several times according to instructions.

Only solution I see now is to get someone else to texture my modles for me. Anyone interested, you can have top billing in the credits. Don't know what else to do.

Decidec to try one more time! By God it worked! I've got textures in oxegen and on my addon in game!

No clue what I did to get it right? ! ?

First person to mess with it gets eliminated with extreme prejudice!

One question then how do I fix the scale of the texture?

Thanks for the luck!

tools