Sign in to follow this  
JOHN007

Multiple camouflage schemes within a faction

Hello,

Seem to have hit a dead end with a custom MSO mission. It looks like MSO is scripted to use faction ID's to allocate a particular faction when selected from the menu. 

So basically added the brilliant Takistan new units from Armaholic into MSO by adding a new faction into the init.sqf

if(isNil "faction_mas_tak_unit") then {faction_mas_tak_unit = DEFAULT_mas_tak_unit;};
if(faction_mas_tak_unit == 1) then {
        MSO_FACTIONS = MSO_FACTIONS + ["mas_tak_unit"];
};

Now it does seem to work but this particular faction has six different camo schemes so may I ask how does one convert this command to a generic units list (Basically allocate the classname of a unit instead of the whole faction)

Would it possible to edit the section 'MSO_FACTIONS=MSO_FACTIONS + ["mas_tak_unit"];' to a custom sqf file?

The only information I've managed to find is a workaround that is to create a new faction all together but I'm sure this wouldn't be necessary?

If anyone could offer their expertise I would be eternally grateful.

Thankyou very much for your time and hope to speak soon.

Update here.

So anyone reading this you have to create a new faction including the editor group category and unit category which has to be replicated exactly as the default BIS factions.

A sprinkle of insanity and anything's possible.