Sign in to follow this  
squeemeesh

Original Push ArmA III Mods

Original Push

An ArmA III Mod Community

ArmA III is the best game ever made for open modifications. The potential is limitless. I'd like to take advantage of this creation to learn how to create user experience. I have an interest in Technological Interactivity. I have experience coding by automating research at a university and I work as a graphic designer. If your interested in learning the skills required to work in the computer industry I can help with over a decade experience and we can have fun whilst we are doing it. Whilst anyone is welcome I'm looking for a team wanting to learn rather than already being experts. I want these ideas to be made so as an example I'm also willing to round up student actors for voice roles so we can make something that feels professional. 

For those purely interested in learning to mod ArmA III I can teach you how to make complex custom GUIs and program changes to the game using the most efficient methods (for instance setting laser sights to be visible without nightvision). I've been learning how to mod the game since ArmA II.

Our team will be called Original Push: An ArmA III Mod Community with a website, notice boards, chat channels and a tschannel. And if your shy you can communicate exclusively via text.

Simple Modifications (using vanilla ArmA III)

The Noble Beggars

Lead a special forces team on a secret mission to destroy a prototype doomsday weapon in an active warzone. When I first played ArmA II campaign coop with my brother we loved it when he put away his primary... pulled out his sidearm and began carrying the injured doctor. Gameplay like this will be what we are trying to recreate.

Hidden and Dangerous

Using the best coop game of all time as inspiration we will rejig ArmA III to be a satisfying stealth experience. Although you will be able to complete missions loud or quietly. There is nothing less satisfying than not being able to fight your way out of a terrible situation after a painstaking attempt to keep things quite.

These simple editing tasks when done well will be the foundation on which we create and draw in a community to work with us. To attract talented people it is fair to prove yourself.

Whilst I'm willing to make it all solo I have to start the team somewhere. For experience I've already created a resident evil 6: mercenaries experience in ArmA III. As it uses copyrighted music and other community mods I've only shared it with friends.

For the first mods I need:

Level designers

Programmers

Writers (I have contacts and family in the military so can give authentic examples)

Testers (with the ability to at least verbally describe issues in English - broken is fine)

No experience required... leave a post to express interest. Details to come.

I will solely do the graphics at this stage and will work on a lot of the coding. Concept developers welcome at this stage too. What would be fantastic is someone to do music but that might be expecting too much.