Sign in to follow this  
cassandra

Vertices freehand move, step mode

when I try and move a vertice in o2 it moves the vertice every 0.01 steps or spaces on the grid coordinates, I've searched the menu and the oxygen faq on this forum and even performed a search (that one's for the moderators).

is there a way to turn this step mode on/off so I can place the vertices exactly where I want them by freehand (ie. 0.001 places)? because I can't find it or work it out.. confused.gif

You mean that when you mave the verticles in freehand mode? I have no problem with that... Do you use the mouse to move them? You should, cuz the verticles can skip if you use the arrow keys...

In File - Options check the setting for Translate Step. I had it set at 1 and moving the vertices made them step or jump. Try setting the value to 0. This should make the moving of points more free.

J.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (atomicjarrod @ Oct. 26 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In File - Options check the setting for Translate Step. I had it set at 1 and moving the vertices made them step or jump. Try setting the value to 0. This should make the moving of points more free.<span id='postcolor'>

spot on!

thankyou very much smile.gif