Sign in to follow this  
tizzo

All custom mission-overviewPictures dont work in Serverlobby

Hi Fellas,

i know there´s a ton of "overviewPicture" posts out there, hope it´s still fine to open yet another one.

I noticed that all custom mission-overviewPictures dont work poperly in our serverlobby (on server-start), except the ones from BI missions.

Unpacking the .pbo´s shows that the working missions refer to following path:

overviewPicture	= "\a3\Missions_F_gamma\data\img\showcase_arma_overview_ca.paa";

..this is just one example..

Also I wanna mention that the custom made missions seem to be done accordingly to main descriptions:

- having the pic in the main mission root folder

- using a .paa with proper dimensions in aspectratio and pixel-size and relation

- having the right settings in description.ext (..the right path).., and so on

- also, those pictures show up in debriefing as background, if set so...

So, looking for the BI missions path "\a3\Missions_F_gamma\data\img\" turned out to be difficult for me.

It´s not a mission file path, neither did I find it on the server (rented one, so I guess I get only to see the virtual server files anyway) or my game main path. 

Checking the profile folders in Documents showed \a3\Missions_F_gamma\ but not the rest of the path. Folder and file options are checked for "unhide" in win explorer.

Does anyone of you fellas know what´s going on here?

Cheers

ok, solved, kinda...

its a known bug for two years already, as I´ve been told..

also the path I was talking about, is a pbo in the arma 3 addons folder

a3= addons

Missions_F_gamma = pbo file

cheers

can confirm this bug to appear pretty random. seems to be something wrong in the mission selection initialization of custom missions. after you have loaded the mission once and go back to mission selection, the custom picture sometimes appears. so its not a fault of wrong picture settings because the game can load it.