Sign in to follow this  
tay-uk

Strange Respawn Issue

In a mission I previously made, my player respawn point was under a canopy (warehouse roof type building with no walls) and no issues in respawning, since the new update, I always respawn on the roof now. Anyone else notice this issue? and other than moving my spawn point, any idea how to fix it?

In a mission I previously made, my player respawn point was under a canopy (warehouse roof type building with no walls) and no issues in respawning, since the new update, I always respawn on the roof now. Anyone else notice this issue? and other than moving my spawn point, any idea how to fix it?

Hi there,

There was infact, a small fix to the respawn framework that fixed an issues, that if a respawn position would be on top of a rock, players would spawn inside the rock.

Could you provide me with your mission respawn setup? Mainly the position in map or the model of the canopy.

Thanks.

Hi neokika thanks for the reply.

The Building is Land_Shed_Big_F (with this code in the init "this setVectorUp [0,0,0.01]" placed using the 101 editor mod) on position x:11660.1 y:11982.1 z:23.092 (AAC Airfield)

Respawn info in description.ext :- (using respawn_west marker)

respawn = 3;
disabledAI=1;
respawnDialog = 1;
allowFunctionsLog = 1;
respawnDelay = 10;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive","MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;
corpseManagerMode = 2;
wreckManagerMode = 2;
corpseLimit = 15;
corpseRemovalMinTime = 30; //seconds
corpseRemovalMaxTime = 1200; //seconds
wreckLimit = 3;
wreckRemovalMinTime = 60; //seconds
wreckRemovalMaxTime = 1200; //seconds
showGroupIndicator = 1

Hope this helps.

Hello. I was searching on the internet and found this topic.

I was doing a map today and used the respawn module directly in the Eden editor (no script, etc.) and the multiplayer attributes too and I encountered quite the same issue.

Basically, my respawn is stuated under a hangar just aside the Stratis airbase landing way. It's not in the middle of the hangar but almost outside (perhaps this is worth mentionning).

In multiplayer, the respawn works just fine, but sometimes the character respawns on the roof of the hangar instead of under it. Happens not so rarely, maybe 2/10 for me.

In case you want to try by yourself, it happened when trying this version of the map : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=773710272with the CSAT respawn (didn't try the NATO one).

Any information concerning this "spawn on the roof issue" ?

EDIT : I tried with the NATO spawn, died quite some time without having the same problem. CSAT one still put me on the roof though.