Sign in to follow this  
Nightbaron

How to make soldiers shoot at chopper?

Hello,

Im just a newbie on the OFP/OFPR community and been trying to tinker with the editor abit.

And can anybody help me about how to make AI soldiers (rifle) shoot at choppers?, Or how to make gunners in choppers(AI) shoot at regular soldiers 1st?

Thank you,

I am with you on that question

AI soldier will fire on a vehicle (air or land) , ONLY if they have can to destroy it or kill the soldier inside (that is why East soldier with PK will fire on a Blackhawk , they can kill the pilots and even put it down , but you will not see East soldier with AK47 fire at the chopper)

If they cant kill the pilots or destroy the vehicle, they will just stand there on the floor, prone.

If someone has the magical formula to force an AI unit to shoot an empty big vehicle or an enemy chopper they know they cant destroy , i will be glad to hear it

I tried a lot of approach, but nothing work

the best actually , but it is not at all interesting because of the poor result is

On the init line of the AI soldier

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAMEOFTHESOLDIER dotarget NAMEOFTHECHOPPER<span id='postcolor'>

Then on another trigger , activated by radio alpha (to let the time to the AI soldier to really target the chopper)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">NAMEOFTHESOLDIER fire "M16"<span id='postcolor'>

But the soldier with that will target the chopper (that is the good part) , but just when i order him (radio alpha) he will fire one round up sky randomly (but never in direction of the chopper), then after he will re-target the chopper

Even if i make the radio trigger repeatedly , then ingame quickly do 0-0-1 lot of time , every round fired by the AI soldier will avoid to hit the chopper (the AI did that on purpose !wink.gif

So if someone can come with the final solution , he will end month of unsuccessfull trying and testing

Change the accuracy value in config.ccp to 1000 (accuracy=1000wink.gif and mgsoldiers,M2mg and tanks will attacks any choppers - hind, apach -