Sign in to follow this  
maxnwil

My 2 Suggestions: Breadth and Ease of Use

Hi! Really excited about the Eden Editor- I've been looking forward to it for a long time. 

I have only two suggestions, but they are pretty broad. 

First: Add more breadth in assets- I love the compositions we have, but we've had only 1 serious roadblock for a while now. Adding more compositions, or better yet, letting us make our own and save them, would be awesome.

Second: Please try to make basic modules easier to use/more standardized. An example would be a revive function- being able to plop down a module and instantly have players be able to revive each other would be perfect. I would also love to be able to plop down some sort of group-respawn module, so that the whole squad respawns at once. Essentially, I would love it if we could actually make basic missions (Capture the flag, Horde defense, Deathmatch, whatever) with AI working alongside players within a few clicks. 

Not everyone knows how to code :(

(Also, I know that plenty of people know how to set up all these scripts on their own- please go easy on the "L2P n00b" stuff. I'm looking for usability here.)

Note that at this time there isn't a revive module, only a respawn template, though on this front a declared goal has been to more closely bring in/integrate description.ext use into Eden.