Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

Animation of roadway-lod

I've built a lifting platform for all these add-on cars. wink.gif

The platform itself is defined as "Component01", the rest (base, control box, lifting arms) "Component02" through "Component05".

The geometry lod is an exact copy of the resolution lod (hey, the polycont is very, very, very low). Mass was assigned.

The memory lod contains three points: one for the control box (user action point), two points define the rotation axis 150m away from the platform (to approximate a translation up/down of that platform instead of a rotation).

The roadway lod contains the platform and the base, both slightly above their counterparts from the resolution lod.

The platform functions quite well. It moves up and down and looks great. But -if I put a car on the platform (it drives onto it, the roadway lod seems to function properly) it is not lifted in the air, the platform passes through the car!

The roadway lod cannot be animated, huh? sad.gif

Or is something missing?

This may be something to do with the car going "inactive". Try staying in the car (you, as the player driver) - this will keep the car "active". If this doesn't work, well, I'm not sure because I haven't tried this yet. Only done lifting platforms with setPos so far.

In fact I'm sure animate will work for this. Anyway, try the above first.

Prospero

Yes, I can lift myself into the air. Inactive objects not, hm?

Yet another question: Is it possible to animate the landcontact lod? Thinking of the tricks K.I.T.T. could do... turbo-boost,... driving on two wheels... biggrin.gif

edit: (ok, gonna try that now...)