bull_a

Change Cursor (UI Controls)

Hello all,

I am developing a mission framework for a gaming unit. One of the requirements is to have a map screen for doing multiple actions (without changing the default map). I have therefore created a new map display (in a .hpp file in the mission folder).

I have successfully created the display and it is all working correctly, however, when i move the mouse over the map control the mouse cursor remains as the default Arma 3 "Arrow" cursor. I wish to change this to the more recognisable "Track" cursor only when the user is hovering over the map.

I went about this by create a onMouseMoving event handler (UI Event Handlers) on the map control. I get the hints to signify the event handler is firing, however, the cursor does not change (please reference the code below) when using the ctrlMapCursor command.

I am at loss (mainly due to lack of documentation) as to why this code will not produce the expected results. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bull

Code Snippet:

case "MouseMoving" : {
		_ctrl = _params select 0;
		_display = ctrlParent _ctrl;
		_mousePosX = _params select 1;
		_mousePosY = _params select 2;
                _mouseOver = _this select 3;
		_mousePos = [_mousePosX,_mousePosY];
                if !(_mouseOver) exitWith {}; // does nothing
		uiNamespace setVariable ["rscDisplaySupportRequest_mapCtrl_cursorPosition",_mousePos];
		// Sets the cursor to "Track"
		_ctrl ctrlMapCursor ["Arrow","Track"];
}; 

Edit:

I have also created a report ticket after more testing as I believe this command to be misrepresented or not working correctly

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25141

After testing in multiple environments across different machines and game versions (with the help of community member: Revo) I have come to the conclusion that this command is not working correctly or as stated in the documentation. I have therefore, created a feedback ticket (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=25141) to resolve the issue.

If you wish to test for yourself, there is a mission attached to the ticket (feel free to download, test and adjust as required).

I have also added a note to the ctrlMapCursor wiki page to hopefully shed some light on the command and its use to other scripting enthusiasts.

Bull