Sign in to follow this  
msg_mayhem

Questions about downloading

What is the difference if any between downloading from the Steam Workshop or from a website that hosts a downloadable add-on or mod? Is one safer over the other? Or because it's on Steam it's known to work well with Arma 3 and easier to install? I'm new to Arma 3. I used to play Operation Flashpoint and really enjoyed creating missions and adding mods. I'm actually quite overwhelmed by the amount that's available and really don't even know where to begin. Thanks for reading!

What is the difference if any between downloading from the Steam Workshop or from a website that hosts a downloadable add-on or mod? Is one safer over the other? Or because it's on Steam it's known to work well with Arma 3 and easier to install? I'm new to Arma 3. I used to play Operation Flashpoint and really enjoyed creating missions and adding mods. I'm actually quite overwhelmed by the amount that's available and really don't even know where to begin. Thanks for reading!

It always matters where you download mods from. You always want to trust where you're downloading from. With that said, I have found Play With Six useful for adding and removing mods to my ARMA game and updating; it makes it easy to manage the game and its mods. You can find it by doing a simple google search. I think Steam workshop will work similar to Play With Six in that modders can develop their mods and update them and steam will push those updates out to the users. It will also allow modders to put prices on their work. So, yes, I think the Steam workshop makes it easier to download and install, while other sites or repositories will be a little more difficult.