Sign in to follow this  
Hjelmern

Suddenly unable to host a non-dedicated server.

Good afternoon!

This issue has plagued me for some time now, in all it consists of the game freezing after clicking ok on the server-host screen.

I have looked vividly for solutions, but after trying all the proposed ones, the frustration just increases and have led me to create

this post.

Now for a more detailed description:

My community, which I am temporarily hosting the server for, recently added Everon to the modpack, for it to only be used once a

week during a side-campaign of some description. When I, later during the week, was going to host the ordinary mission I turned off

everon, since not everyone had downloaded it and it was not being used. This resulted in my game freezing after filling in the name of

the server, the password, the port and then clicking ok. I then re-activated Everon and suddenly it worked like a charm and most people

were able to aquire it in due time after all. I proceeded to trying to resolve this, by building up the next mission from scratch, deleting any

and all traces of Everon and the mentioned mission.

This did not work, so I googled my issue and thus unsubscribed from the few mission I had on the steam workshop, clearing up the cache

for it and verifying the integrity of the game on steam but to no avail. I also tried to change the port, this got me past the initial freeze-point,

but only to end up with every mission, even the vanilla-ones, having no player slots present. I then reinstalled Everon in a desperate attempt,

but now even this will result in the game freezing.

Note that I have been able to regularly host non-dedicated servers for ArmA 2 & 3 for about two years worth of time, without any issues.

Any ideas as to how one should proceed?

Nevermind, the issue was resolved with today's update.