Sign in to follow this  
DeadSignal117

ARMA Weapon SFX Questions

Hello anyone and everyone, a bit new here to the forum and modding in ARMA in general. I have recently joined a team as sound designer to make new weapon sounds for the featured firearms, but I have two questions about the sound effects:

1. Does the game automatically dampen the sound for the distance range as heard in game, or do I have to create a few variations of the firing sounds at different distances?
  2. Does the game automatically add echo and reverb to the firing sound, or should I create my audio files featuring the background echo from firing?

That's all I am wondering about, thank you for any and all assistance.

Hello anyone and everyone, a bit new here to the forum and modding in ARMA in general. I have recently joined a team as sound designer to make new weapon sounds for the featured firearms, but I have two questions about the sound effects:

1. Does the game automatically dampen the sound for the distance range as heard in game, or do I have to create a few variations of the firing sounds at different distances?
  2. Does the game automatically add echo and reverb to the firing sound, or should I create my audio files featuring the background echo from firing?

That's all I am wondering about, thank you for any and all assistance.

Only 1 sound.

IMO the game automatically do that.

Download some mods and open them with the pbomanager.

You will see that the most mods have only 1 audio file.

Maybe I am wrong.. who knows xD

Only 1 sound.

IMO the game automatically do that.

Alright, I guess I'll have to see, thank you for the help.

:beam: