Sign in to follow this  
total

Any smart way to spawn UPSMON units on a Headless client?

Hi,

I want to give Zeus the ability to spawn UPSMON units running on a Headless client. I need help though, my programming skills are very limited. If this could work, I think many players will be happy :)

- How to give Zeus the ability to create normal round / square markers with names + ability to adjust the size eg. SHIFT + scroll.

- How to give Zeus the ability to create Empty markers with names.

- How to create a button somewhere inside the Zeus GM control panel, which opens up a window IF a headless client is available. The window contains the following:

- 1x dropdown menu to select a script template (eg. Opfor fire team - opf_fireteam_spawn.sqf)

- 1x dropdown menu that lists all "normal" markers with names. (_patrolmarker)

- 1x dropdown menu that lists all empty markers with names. (_spawnmarker)

- A create button that will run the selected template: nul = ["_patrolmarker", "_ spawnmarker"] execVM "opf_fireteam_spawn.sqf"

I have no idea if this will work:

opf_fireteam_spawn.sqf

Private ["_grp";
if (! isServer && hasInterface) exitwith {};

_patrolmarker = _this select 0;
   _spawnmarker = _this select 1;
   _side = createCenter east;

_grp = createGroup east;
_grp = [getMarkerPos "[b]_patrolmarker[/b]", _side, ["O_soldier_SL_F", "O_soldier_F", "O_soldier_F", "O_soldier_M_F", "O_medic_F", "O_soldier_F", "O_soldier_F"], [], [], [0.3, 0.6]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader _grp,"[b]_spawnmarker[/b]","ONROAD","WEDGE","SAFE","LIMITED","nowait"] execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

I think this will be a great mod for Arma 3, and we can later add Behaviour-selection, loadout selection ect. Is there anyone who can put me on the right path?

Anybody? What I have posted is not working, but the concept should work? Is there no clever heads that will help to get this made?