Sign in to follow this  
bolbies

Two script addaction

Is it possible for an addaction to call 2 completely different scripts at once? I need one that will execute a completely separate script as well as call a subscript(?). So something like this.

_action = _helo addaction ["<t color='#00b7ff'>Give a LZ to the pilot</t>", {[arg1, 2, 3] call taxi; "mapclick.sqf"}, "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

execute a script that executes both scripts.

helo addaction ["Give LZ to Pilot","scripts.sqf"];

then in scripts.sqf

null = []execVM script1.sqf;

null = []execVM script2.sqf;

or similar of course.

Don't need a separate file. Just use execVM instead of just the quotations alone.

_action = _helo addAction ["Give LZ to Pilot",{_null = [arg1, 2, 3] call taxi; _null = [] execVM "mapclick.sqf";}, "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

Don't need a separate file. Just use execVM instead of just the quotations alone.

_action = _helo addAction ["Give LZ to Pilot",{_null = [arg1, 2, 3] call taxi; _null = [] execVM "mapclick.sqf";}, "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

Oh my god I forgot execVM. Thank you! But in the taxi subscript, how would I assign those arguments? I know that typically addaction arguments would be (_this select 3) select 0; but I don't know about this.

This would yield the same results as the my first post.

_action = _helo addAction [
"Give LZ to Pilot",
{_null = [color="#FF0000"](_this select 3)[/color] call taxi; _null = [] execVM "mapclick.sqf"},
[color="#FF0000"][arg1,2,3][/color],
true,
"",
"_this == player"
];

I made [arg1,2,3] the the third element of the addAction array, the arguments. That array becomes _this select 3 in the addAction code block. Send that array to your taxi function and presto...

Alright I got that but how do I define them in taxi?

I tried what I mentioned above with _this select 3 select 0 but that doesn't work. My rpt says it's getting an object but expects an array.

Your taxi function will work the same...

_this select 0 is arg1

_this select 1 is 2

_this select 2 is 3