Sign in to follow this  
cychou

can't see servers in arma 2 browser when battleye is enabled.

Hello, here is the description of my problem :

I installed Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA via steam.

i launched both separately to activate their CD key,

i launched them togheter (C.O).

If I launch arma 2 C.O with battleye enabled i can't see any servers in the arma 2 OA server browser, remote connection doesn't work neither.

i tried to connect directly to a server by using Play With Six with battleye enabled : it says "wait for host".

iF i fully uninstall battleye i can see all the servers in the arma 2 C.O browser, i can see servers via remote connection but i can't connect (battleye initialisation failed).

i also tried all this with antivirus & firewall disabled, same result.

please help.

Edited by cychou

I followed all the steps. it did not change anything to my problem.

I followed all the steps. it did not change anything to my problem.

Do you use a legitimate version of Windows?

I have two PCs, both have (cracked) windows 7.

Arma 2 CO work fine in one of them, but not on the other one. So genuine windows or not doesn't seems to be decisive.

Edited by cychou

I have two PCs, both have (cracked) windows 7.

Arma 2 CO work fine in one of them, but not on the other one. So genuine windows or not doesn't seems to be decisive.

Could you check if you have a Windows update with the name "KB3004394" installed on your system (check in control panel)? If so please try to uninstall it. Others reported this as a solution before.

i already saw topics talking about this update causing issues with arma 2, so i already uninstalled it. problem still persist.

i already saw topics talking about this update causing issues with arma 2, so i already uninstalled it. problem still persist.

Sorry, the above only possibly helps if your game doesn't launch. Could you follow the steps listed in the Steam thread again and post afterwards? It seems nothing was logged for you yesterday.

OK, i re-checked the steam topics and new comments have been added, one of them has been posted by TheEye, he suggested to run "netsh winsock reset" in a windows command prompt.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/33930/discussions/0/617328415066127195/#p3

"It appears there is malware/adware on your system. Please scan your system with an up-to-date anti-virus software and also reset your system's Winsock connection settings by opening a Windows command prompt as administrator (go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories, right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator") and entering "netsh winsock reset" (without the quotes). Reboot your computer and check if your problem is fixed now. "

this finally worked for me :)

thanks for your help $able. :yay:

Edited by cychou