Sign in to follow this  
feanix

Can't get a basic config.cpp to work

I'm trying to put together a basic config to just get my terrain to show up when I include the addon in the game. I don't mind if there are no objects, if the sky is wrong. As long as the terrain elevation and sea level are correct so I can fly around and make some decisions about the feel of the scale of the terrain. To the end I'm trying to make the most cut down possible config.cpp possible that still works enough to make the terrain show up in the list of terrains in the editor.

Here's what I have so far:

#define _ARMA_

//Class config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
class Yisai
{
 units[] = {"Fènghuáng"};
 weapons[] = {};
 requiredVersion = 1.0;
 version = "30/07/2011";
 fileName = "Yisai.pbo";
 author = "Feanix";
};
};

class CfgWorlds
{

class CAWorld;
class Stratis: CAWorld
{
 class Grid;
 class DefaultClutter;
};

class Yisai: Stratis
{
};

};

When I try to pack the addon in Addon Builder I get error 1 (not very helpful). I don't get this error if I remove the Yisai class. But then the terrain doesn't show up. I don't know that it would if I did get it to build with the Yisai class... but I'm kinda poking around in the dark here.

What am I doing wrong here?

There's a LOT of absolutely vital stuff missing from that...!

eg:...

There's no surfaces - you need at least one

There's no cfgWorldsList parameter - without one, your terrain won't appear in the ingame List of Worlds

There's no "description" parameter, so even if there was a cfgWorldsList entry - there's no name to list

There's no path to the Worldfile (.wrp) - so the game can't find the world to list....

I'd seriously suggest you adapt the config from Jakerod's Excellent 'The Atlas' Tutorial - it pretty much IS the minimum required to get a basic terrain in-game...

B

There's a LOT of absolutely vital stuff missing from that...!

eg:...

There's no surfaces - you need at least one

There's no cfgWorldsList parameter - without one, your terrain won't appear in the ingame List of Worlds

There's no "description" parameter, so even if there was a cfgWorldsList entry - there's no name to list

There's no path to the Worldfile (.wrp) - so the game can't find the world to list....

I'd seriously suggest you adapt the config from Jakerod's Excellent 'The Atlas' Tutorial - it pretty much IS the minimum required to get a basic terrain in-game...

B

Haha, as I suspected! :P Thanks for the link! :D :D