Sign in to follow this  
fruity_rudy

Joystick throttle issue

Hiho,

I used an analog script plus glovepie in A2 for flying helos. Now after new system setup in a3, I selected the analog throttle (on my hotas X). For some reason, the second half of my throttle seems to be super sensitive...It's really hard, in particular with the new flight model.. Did I map something wrong?! I remeber Dslyecxi said something about it in a video but I can't find it anymore. My throttle feels so damn unrealistic now, I actually can't fly..

Need help !

Cheers Rudy

Did you map both up and down collective to the throttle axis? Arma3 collective is set up as an axis rather than a slider so defaults to 0% at mid position, ranging from -100% to +100%; check you have mapped both and see if that helps.

Also worth checking the controller custom settings, you can adjust the sensitivity and axis curves from here.

Mh, well I got collective rais (analogue) on the Z+ of my throttle and collective lower (analogue) on the Z- on my throttle. So when I put the throttle in middle position, I can almost hover I can't take off on Advanced Fl. Mod. , only the second half of the throttle. I think I know what you mean, I'm not that familiar with that. I simply want the Throttle slider to go from 0 to 100 on the full range.. Be aware, I might don't get it today cause I'm sick and I know the whole thing is a stupid question. Like I said before, PPjoy and glovepie in the past for A2 (with accelerate) worked fine. Not that familiar with A3 yet

It's not a dual throttle is it? If so you need to delete the binding on one of the throttle axes otherwise it interferes, that can cause symptoms as you're describing.

Other than checking the range value is set to 1.0 in the custom controller section and setting the curve/sensitivity to the left to give fine control around 0% (mid throttle) I'm not sure what's going on.