Sign in to follow this  
warferwille

FaceTrackNoIR Help shaky camera

Using ps3eye camera and facetracknoir and the camera shakes back and forth in arma 3. This the only game which it does it.

Any suggestions how to solve?

Looks to be a smoothing issue, what resolution and framerate are you running the camera at? What tracking method are you using?

Have you looked at opentrack? It's being developed more recently than facetrack and 2.3RC8 works perfectly in arma3 for me :)

edit: have you got any other controllers bound to the view commands that facetrack is using? Trackir or freetrack input into arma?

In face track no ir the camera runs at 60hz 620*480.

Tracker source faceAPI v3.2.6.

filter accela mk2.

freetrack 2.0.

Workes great in all games exept arma.

Tried open track 2.3

ps3eye 60hz 620*480

tracker face tracker

protocol freetrack

filter accela

It looses track of my face alot. When i'm just writing this and move my head some it loses track the wireframe shrinks

and is eventuly just my nose.

Worth mentioning is i have glasses. maybe this version of face tracker doesn't work as well with glasses as faceAPI v3.2.6.

How do you have your configured?

I use a 3 point ir clip and it's perfect, I think I've read somewhere that glasses can throw off facetrack though.

PS3 camera, 640x480 75hz, using opentrack 2.3 rc8, point tracker and accela filter. I found a couple of calibration bugs with opentrack but they are being ironed out and you can always use manual calibration.