Sign in to follow this  
The Hebrew Hammer

Unitplay w/land vehicles: forcing truck to spin wheels.

Hey, all I'm building a mission, and since AI cannot do high speed car chases I'm scripting it myself. I have unitplay working with an offroad truck that I want to be in the back of shooting. That all works just fine.

My question is: is there a way I can force the AI driver to accelerate generally speaking so that the wheels are spinning and it sounds like he is actually driving? I've tried engineOn and it's a start, but still no turning wheels. It isn't a huge deal because I'll be in the back in first person mode, but it would be nice if any other person were to play the mission.

you could hack it with setvelocity probably. the movement vector for forwards in theory would increase the engine's RPM so the wheels will spin at that speed.

while{myVar} do
{
    mycar setVelocity [50,0,0];
    sleep 1;
};

Couldn't get it working, tried a couple options for "myVar" but nothing worked. Did the path, the script call for the path, etc. didn't work.

Couldn't get it working, tried a couple options for "myVar" but nothing worked. Did the path, the script call for the path, etc. didn't work.

myVar is the condition the loop will look for to see if its supposed to run or not, just use true if you want it to run forever, or use a variable if you want it to stop at some point.