Sign in to follow this  
Vanz0r

3rd person and 1st person sound.

Are the 1st person and 3rd person sounds configured back to front? I find it very odd that in 1st person your sound appreciation is far worse than when in 3rd person, the distance and clarity is a lot worse (I'm sure someone can give the exact values for the settings).

To me this seems counterintuitive - I'd expect greater fidelity in 1st person?

Perhaps I didn't explain this very well. Has anyone else tested or noticed that in 3rd person you can hear people walking near you about 3-4 times further away than you can in 1st person?

This seems very odd to me, I know many people love 3rd person but to add sound distance perception to the advantage of 3rd person is surely a mistake? A simple fix would be to swap the settings for the two modes or if that's too complicated either up the 1st person distance range to 3rd person or reduce 3rd person to the 1st person settings.

If you do a simple test in 1st person I think you'll be both surprised and disappointed at the results.

Does it matter? 3p is anything but realistic. It's just 3rd person easy-mode.

Play 1st person on 1st person servers.

Play 1st person on 1st person servers.

As it happens I do play 1p PVP - which is why I'd like to see the enhanced sound from 3p on 1p - or (because there are 10x more 3p lame servers and hence I have to play on these) would like to see 3p sound nerfed to 1p.

As it happens I do play 1p PVP - which is why I'd like to see the enhanced sound from 3p on 1p - or (because there are 10x more 3p lame servers and hence I have to play on these) would like to see 3p sound nerfed to 1p.

Bionic ears in 1p, why? --And why nerf easymode for the 3p guys?

I find 1p footsteps still too loud --can hear footsteps a long way off, if he's in fast-pace.

I don't play 3p. May as well be some other game.

3p in none of my business --they can fart nades at eachother all i care.

I find 1p footsteps still too loud --can hear footsteps a long way off, if he's in fast-pace.

Not if you're using stock sounds you can't, or maybe you're referring to people running on tarmac?

If you're sitting still patiently watching and waiting then the 3p sound distance seems fine, do it in 1p and everyone has ninja running/walking skills.