Sign in to follow this  
Heeeere's johnny!

vehicle animateDoor problems

Just recently, I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPsaOT5IlY

In the description is a download link for the mod which makes the door animations, shown in that video, possible. But using these actions in the editor in the init part of the vehicle, like this:

[color=#FF8040]this [color=#191970][b]animateDoor[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]'Door_LF'[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]1[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][/color]

or in an addAction, like this:

[color=#FF8040][color=#1874CD]_vehicle[/color] [color=#191970][b]addAction[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]"Open door"[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b]{[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]([/b][/color][color=#FF0000]_this[/color] [color=#191970][b]select[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]0[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b])[/b][/color] [color=#191970][b]animateDoor[/b][/color] [color=#8B3E2F][b][[/b][/color][color=#7A7A7A]'Door_LF'[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b],[/b][/color] [color=#FF0000]1[/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]}[/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b]][/b][/color][color=#8B3E2F][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Kudos to KillzoneKid for his SQF to BBCode Converter.

I used both on an SUV, but neither seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

waltenberg aka Johnny

Edited by waltenberg

You need to open the config viwer, go to CfgVehicles and view the "Animations" sub-set of the specific vehicle you're doing animations on. You also need to use the animate command, as animateDoor is exclusively used for buildings. Off the top of my head, here's an example using the littlebird:

LB animate ["L_Bench_Up",1];

Don't think that's the actual name but it's something along those lines; the point is, each vehicle has unique animation names defined in their config.