Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Help with  putting a picture in the background

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you want to create an exact model, the best way is to place a picture in the background. You can fit it at any modeling window. Just press key "A", left click and drag in one of modeling window, then right click in selection. From menu select "Load Texture" and pick texture m16_FM.gif. If the texture placed in background isn`t in correct aspect, it can be adjusted. To correct this just right click at texture and select "Correct Aspect".

<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, i do that.But i dont see no picture for my to use as a background.Whats wrong???I also notice i get this. </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unable to convert texture, pac2pal error!<span id='postcolor'>

Im pretty new to this stuff, and thanks if you guys can help.I just want to do a basic model of a M16A2.

Someone at the ofpec forums wrote:

The texture needs to be in a power of 2 size.

Meaning that the following are the only dimensions you are allowed to use:

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096.

Yes the picture im using is 512x256.I got the HowToCreateM16 tutorial and i just baffled by what wrong or what im not doing right.

Oh and here is the picture that came with the tutorial and im suppose to;

" If you want to create an exact model, the best way is to place a picture in the background. You can fit it at any modeling window. Just press key "A", left click and drag in one of modeling window, then right click in selection. From menu select "Load Texture" and pick texture m16_FM.gif. If the texture placed in background isn`t in correct aspect, it can be adjusted. To correct this just right click at texture and select "Correct Aspect"."

m16_FM.gif

HCM16_01.gif

This is what its suppose to look like.(I got this out of the tutorial)But i cant get that.So whats wrong?

mine's blue-it depends on your desktop settings. But i have this problem too. Ive set up bulldozer fine, but the picture just will not load.

Ah i finally got it to work, just read these forums alot and do what people say works and eventually it will.