Sign in to follow this  
giovafr

using tiers vehicles without making your mission dependent

Hi all.

Next to an other discussion, i share my solution to use tiers vehicles in your missions without depending on their mods.

Description : when you create a mission and place a vehicle that is not included with Arma3, the player will got an error if he doesn't have the mod.

Solution : With my function, you give a list of desired vehicles. If one of them is available, then the vehicle will be replaced by it (the first vehicle in the list is prioritary on the others)

Exemple :

First of all DO NOT place modded vehicles, use only BIS vehicles, so the mission is not MOD dependant.

Ok lets say you placed a A10 plane (the "B_Plane_CAS_01_F" vehicle) available for all as it is an Arma3 vehicle

You would like to replace it by a FA18

In mission Editor, double click on the plane, then write this in its init field :

if(isnil"TryReplace")then{call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "TryReplace.sqf";};[this,"JS_JC_FA18F"] call TryReplace;

if you named it "myplane", you'll have to use this syntax (or myplane will become objnull)

if(isnil"TryReplace")then{call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "TryReplace.sqf";};myplane = [this,"JS_JC_FA18F"] call TryReplace;

Now if the player have the FA18 mod, the plane will be a FA18, if he doesn't have it, it'll be a classic A10, no error raised.

Other example :

if(isnil"TryReplace")then{call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "TryReplace.sqf";};myplane=[this,["MV22","kyo_MH47E_HC"]] call TryReplace;

if "MV22" vehicle exists the plane will be replaced by it. If not, it'll try to remplace it by "kyo_MH47E_HC" plane. If none of both exists it will stay the default plane, no error raised.

This function works if the plane got crew or not, also if there is a waypoint attached to the vehicle.

WARNING : allways make a test : disable all mods, restart the game then test. If there is a problem, edit mission.sqm with a text editor, and make sure that addOns[] and addOnsAuto[] sections only contains A3xxxxxxxxxx mods.

Here my function, create a TryReplace.sqf file,and copy this code inside it :

TryReplace=

{

private["_obj","_classes","_pos","_dir","_vel","_result","_wp"];

_obj = _this select 0;

_classes = _this select 1;

if(typeName "" == typeName _classes)then

{

_classes = [_classes];

};

_pos = getPos _obj;

_dir = direction _obj;

_vel = velocity _obj;

_result = _obj;

{

if(isClass (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _x))exitWith

{

_wp = _obj call WaypointAttachedToVehi;

deleteVehicle _obj;

_typepos = "NONE";

if((_pos select 2) > 5)then

{

_typepos = "FLY";

};

_result = createVehicle[_x, _pos, [], 0, _typepos];

_result setDir _dir;

if(count _wp > 0)then

{

_wp waypointAttachVehicle _result;

};

_result setVelocity _vel;

};

}forEach _classes;

_result

};

WaypointAttachedToVehi=

{

private["_vehi","_result","_grp"];

if(isNull _this)exitWith

{

_err = "Argument given to WaypointAttachedToVehi is null";

diag_log _err;

[_err] call BIS_fnc_error;

[]

};

if(typeName player != typeName _this)exitWith

{

_err = "Wrong argument given to WaypointAttachedToVehi, it should be an object (a vehicle)";

diag_log _err;

[_err] call BIS_fnc_error;

[]

};

_vehi = _this;

_result = [];

for "_i" from 0 to (count allGroups) do

{

_grp = allGroups select _i;

{

if((waypointAttachedVehicle _x) == _vehi)exitWith

{_result = _x};