Sign in to follow this  
bvrettski

DLC content management & the server browser

With so much of Arma being about the additional community content it would seem to we need a better system built into the game for installing, missions, mods, and maps.

Yes there is the Steam Workshop but its not designed (yet) to sort out these addons and present them in a way lets players efficiently sort, search and find the ones they want / need.

Yes there is Play with 6 which begs the question why isnt BI providing PW6 type features into the game. I would rather see BI built this into the game than rely on a third party to build and support what should be a core part of the game. It seems so central to the core of A3 multiplayer that it should be built in.

Additionally why is the server browser so broken? Its never worked as it should and entering more than one search option resulted in a list so small you would think everyone has quit playing A3 all together.

A better system is needed BI.

I can testify on the server browser at least. Not sure what happened there but ever since the last update it rolls a dice if it´s gonna show any servers, then rolls another dice to determine if you get in or not.

Often i have to restart the whole game to properly refresh the server browser as it just locks up and won´t show anything.