Sign in to follow this  
super-truite

Object ragdoll and Trains ;)

It is not something I want to do or have time to do, but I thought it would be worth discussing:

Is it possible at the time to make an object with bones and weights adapt to the ground (as in allowing the bones to fall freely, like in ragdoll)?

Potential applications:

- scripted train tracks placement, which would smoothly follow the ground geometry

- And in general: Large objects placements, like trenches systems, bunkers etc.

(if proberly weighted, only the lowest part of the objects would deform and adapt to the ground while the upper parts would be almost unchanged)

With my current knowledge, I think it is not possible. If I am right Is it worth adding this as a request in the feedback tracker in your opinion?

Some type of way to do trains would be cool, not sure if it is possible though. Train tracks would probably have to be added to map in Terrain builder.

I can just imagine the action movie stunts that could be done when we get fast rope and shoot from heli in the Helicopter DLC.

Sure, it can be done properly in Terrain Builder, but my point is that with such a feature, it could be done as well via scripts in a nice way.