Sign in to follow this  
Quintus_Fontane

Vehicle inventory capacity in Adapt's scouting missions

Hi all.

First I just want to thank BI for the very pleasant surprise of the scouting missions in this campaign; the concept is brilliant. There are a couple of things I would dearly like changed/added in a patch, chief amongst them the ability to store more in the boxes in camp, and also to be able to save uniforms, vests, backpacks and special equipment that you bring back. Spending time combing over Altis, gathering supplies would be vastly more rewarding and entertaining if half of the stuff you brought back didn't get automatically stolen by Alexandros the magic FIA thief :j:

My main concern though is how little you can store in vehicles. The couple of cache side missions you get have tons of goodies in crates, but even with a captured AAF truck you can only fit a couple of launchers and a handful of missiles in it; you could probably fit all of that on the passenger seats! I even went ahead and enabled MCC and added in a big HEMTT Box truck to see if it was a coded-in mission limitation or something, but even that, a truck that could hold a bloody tank, has the same problem. It also seems that if you load a truck with what it will hold and drive it back to base, then start another scouting mission, most of the crates disappear from the cache site, so repeated trips are a no-go.

My question is this: Is it possible to mod the inventory capacity of vehicles? I've scoured the forums and Google, but sadly to no avail. If any of you fine gentlemen and gentleladies know of a way, I would be incredibly grateful if you could enlighten me! If there happens to be a vehicle that has somehow not been affected by the tiny cargo plague, that would help too.

I hope BI can fix these things in the next patch, because the second campaign is brilliant, truly brilliant; I enjoyed every second of it. It's just lacking that bit of polish and tweaking to make the scouting endeavours truly worthwhile.