Sign in to follow this  
Doodle

Locking Opfor Vehicles

Thanks for this - will test tonight and report back. I know you havent tried it yet but do you think it will be ok on a dedi?

Thnaks in advance

Yeah, will definitely work on a dedicated server as this is the same code style I use on our clan's dedicated server. See my sig for the code repository if you're interested. The reason I put the global call inside the while loop instead of putting the while loop in the called function is so that the loop doesn't accidentally get stuck running forever on all clients and the server. If you want to move the while loop just be sure that you change the 'false' in the MP call to 'true' so that the call to VL_East_Global is persistent and loads on all player connections.

Many thanks for this - any chance an this could be modified slightly to lock all opfor AND resistance vehicles?

thx in advance

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Just tried this from editor but it halts in the init (i put a hint it after it in init to check it loaded) then kicked up this error in the rpt.

Error in expression <

VL_East_Global =

{

{

if((side _x) == "EAST") then {

_x setVehicleLock "LOC>

Error position: <== "EAST") then {

_x setVehicleLock "LOC>

Error Generic error in expression

Any idea why?

thx in advance

Edited by Doodle
text formatting

Many thanks for this - any chance an this could be modified slightly to lock all opfor AND resistance vehicles?

thx in advance

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Just tried this from editor but it halts in the init (i put a hint it after it in init to check it loaded) then kicked up this error in the rpt.

Error in expression <

VL_East_Global =

{

{

if((side _x) == "EAST") then {

_x setVehicleLock "LOC>

Error position: <== "EAST") then {

_x setVehicleLock "LOC>

Error Generic error in expression

Any idea why?

thx in advance

Yeah I had a brain fart and put in the string instead of the constant. Replace

"EAST"

with

east

and it should be fine.

Yeah I had a brain fart and put in the string instead of the constant. Replace
"EAST"

with

east

and it should be fine.

Ah many thanks - will test tonight and report back

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Just tried in preview from Editor and still no luck - init stops when it gets to

call compile preprocessFile "vehicleLock.sqf";

- but it doesnt give an error message in rpt