Sign in to follow this  
stanerzz

Global VON

Hi guys i need help with a script,

Im in the middle of making a mission and i would like to have it so only Blue, red and green can only talk in global. I dont want the civ's to be able to speak VON at all. Is it possible to stop one factions communication ? Im real new to this and i could really do with some help

Thanks i will check it out soon and let you know my findings :)

Sorry man does not seem to work however i have been asked to as this

"Ask about how to detect caps lock key pressed and on key press exec kick with reason"

The dirty way to do it, if you can even do this, would be to detect the pressing of Caps Lock, and return nothing, preventing the player's config from using it as the VON key. However, I'm not sure if the server, let alone the mission, can basically remap someone's keys. Also on that note, I know many who do not use caps lock as their PTT key. But again, not sure if this is effective in the first place.

The clean way is via the command disableChannels, as you can see, declared in the description.ext. However, seeing this ticket, you should know that this method may or may not work.

That's all I've got. Sorry if it isn't 100%.

That's a some-what semi-reliable way. I do it in Altis Life but the issue is when you are in a vehicle you can't hear voice comms (can only see text). The other issue is when you die you lose access to that channel and have to be re-added upon Respawn (if respawn is enabled). I disable Global & Side Chat and make Side chat a custom channel so it can be toggled on/off.

I have been trying, for a few days, on how to enable the global chat on Altis Life for our server, but since I am new to scripting, I can not seem to find it. Can anyone explain how to enable it so everyone on the server can use it?