Sign in to follow this  
ejanvi

Helicopter patrols...

Is there an easy way to design realistic Helicopter patrols?

Like they start landed at an helipad, take off, fly the waypoints, come back to land on the helipad, refuel & rearm, take off again and fly the waypoints again and so on for eternity?

Would look like a "cycle" waypoint but landed, with a refuel & rearm in the process.

Refuel & rearm is obviously secondary, but I imagine that if you only keep the helicopter cycling its waypoints without it, it will end up without fuel and crashing down...

And the time it is grounded is also a nice timing to shoot it with a LAW!!!

Thanks

Yep, it's possible.

-Place the chopper on the heliport of choice and make it start on the ground instead of "flying".

-Just give that chopper a "Get out" waypoint close enough to the heliport (use an invisible H if you want it landing on the field).

-Give a countdown time to simulate refueling and rearming. On the "On activation" field type this: nameofthechopper setfuel 1.

Rearming is more complicated since you don't know what kind and how much ammo it will use when patroling. You can try adding magazines, eg: uh60 addmagazine "browning". I've never tryed that, so I could be wrong.

-Next waypoint is to be "Get in". The pilot will board and take off.

-Then set the patrol routine you want him to perform and as the last waypoint set a "cycle" one, close enough to the "get out" (the first waypoint you previosly set).

Hope that helps smile.gif

Regards.