Sign in to follow this  
ejanvi

Weird things regarding getpos & setting positions

Now that BN880 told me how to use the radio to get your own position (thanks, BN880), I am one step further for positionning "things".

However, two stupid problems/questions regarding Resistance editor:

1. When I try to position an officer on the floor of a "Fortress 2" (the large and elevated type), the officer sinks to the ground level (i.e. only his cap emerges from the Fortress Floor), whatever altitude I set him to in the SQM file... Same happens if I position him "by hand" on top of the Fortress from the Editor.

2. When I set myself (player) close to a soldier and get my own position (a trigger activated by radio which Hints my position array), I get something of the sort of 6532 - 9421 - 0.0014, which I take to be Longitude, Latitude, Elevation above ground (the syntax listed inthe manuals). However, when I look at the position of the soldier 1m away from me as it appears in the .sqm file, it is something like 6532 - 167 - 6533. So it looks like if the Latitude & Elevation were permuted in the Array, and as if the .sqm file was listing the Altitude above sea level (I am in the mountains North), rather than above ground.

So I end up with two very different syntaxes for the Position Array, depending on whether it is in the .sqm file, or coming from a GetPos command... And I need the Ground Elevation to reconcile the Altitudes...

Anyone got the same?

Im not sure about poitioning your officer but I think Ive read that the first four #s are the actual coordinates. the first two being latitude and second two longitude the other #s are complicated and dont realy matter.