Sign in to follow this  
DuddBudda

Help make Markers side restricted and trigger dependant for a PvP mission.

Hi, looking to make my first mission in arma.

minimal previous scripting experience

I am making a mission with dynamic spawns, objectives and triggers (by dynamic I mean they each select random locations from a predefined array)

when played through in testing the mission is completable for blufor and the triggers that affect game states (primary onjectives and win conditions) go off

(implementing winstate for opfor is low priority atm)

I am, however, struggling to make markers visible to the correct side at the correct times.

At spawn I have been restricting markers to sides with something like this:

[{"falmrk2" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; "bluobj0" setMarkerAlphaLocal 1; "winmrk1" setMarkerAlphaLocal 1;},"BIS_fnc_spawn",WEST,TRUE] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

I thought I could then set a trigger to delete old markers and create new ones which are then filtered to the correct sides with the above script

if (triggerActivated ESCAPE) then {

deleteMarker "defred3";

deleteMarker "deftxt4";

falmrkred = createMarker ["falmrk2", (getpos win)];

"falmrk2" setMarkerText "Prevent Delivery";

"falmrk2" setMarkerColor "ColorRed";

"falmrk2" setMarkerType "mil_dot";

// "falmrk2" setMarkerAlpha 1;

[{"falmrk2" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; "defred3" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; "deftxt4" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;},"BIS_fnc_spawn",WEST,TRUE] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

[{"bluobj0" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; "winmrk1" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; "falmrk2" setMarkerAlphaLocal 1; "defred3" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0; "deftxt4" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;},"BIS_fnc_spawn",EAST,TRUE] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

but nothing happens -new markers aren't created and the old ones aren't deleted

what have I missed?

Edited by DuddBudda

If you want the markers to be visible right at the beginning of the mission (assuming that's what you meant with "at spawn"). Then you can just forget fnc_MP and do this in your init.sqf

waituntil {!isnull player};
if (side player == WEST) then {
 "falmrk2" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;
 "bluobj0" setMarkerAlphaLocal 1;
 "winmrk1" setMarkerAlphaLocal 1;
};

You dont need to use fnc_MP when init.sqf is run for every player anyway, same is with editor placed triggers (as long as the trigger condition is something that will activate for everyone).