Sign in to follow this  
MANTIA

NOOB Looking to Learn: Enemy A.I. Questions Corpses, Spawns, Skill

Hey guys. I've messed around with the editor a lot over the last few days. Mainly learning via youtube videos and other helpful posts. I've found most of these resources via google search and the forum search option but there are a few areas I can't seem to find the resources on my own.

About what I'm working on: I took an Insurgency mission file posted on Steam Workshop, unpacked the pbo's and am editing it for me and a friends personal use. I've added some Friendly A.I. infantry and some support assets such as CAS and Artillery. But looking to make a few more adjustments to things I was to tweak for personal enjoyment.

1. Dead Enemy A.I. Bodies: How to get their corpse to stay present? Currently I kill and A.I. and within seconds his corpse disappears. So if hes on the run when I'm shooting him I often am not sure if I killed him or if he is hidden because I can't find a body. How and Where do I go to edit this please?

2. Enemy A.I. Spawn Distance: Currently in this Insurgency mission I go to a red block and A.I. spawns. However sometimes they don't spawn till I'm close and BAM all of a sudden I have enemy APCs and Infantry spawning before my eyes. I would like for them to already be present when I get within 900 meters so I can recon the area.

3. Enemy AIM and Skill: Where and how do I edit this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Insurgency is not where you should start learning from. :) Even experienced scripters get confused by that mission.

1. They remain where they are by default, so you don't need to do anything. However, Insurgency has a body delete feature which you'll need to find and disable.

2. There's probably some setting in the bowels of the mission that controls that, best asked in the Insurgency Workshop page discussion since it's non-standard.

3. setSkill array but again, Insurgency does things in it's own complex way so you'll need to figure out how that mission assigns skill and adjust from there.

2. I think Insurgency uses EOS script to spawn enemies? If this is the case there must be a "openme.sqf" where the spawns are called. You can set the spawndistance in there for every group you spawn.