Sign in to follow this  
DiabloMuerto

How to: Make AI stay out of helo?

Have a scenario with reinforcements coming in via helo. I have it all set it and running but the one issue I'm having is that for some reason when the AI get out of the helo, instead of doing their waypoints they just hop right back in to the helo.

The way I have it set up I'm using a rifle squad, named each unit u1-u8, named the helo. I used the this moveincargo to get them in the helo. On landing I have two triggers, one triggered by the helo which forces them to get out of the helo and one triggered by the squad when they get out which initiates their waypoints to move to the target. Sync'd the triggers with the corresponding units and all that. On test though every thing works as it should except when the helo lands, the units hop out but then get right back in and just sit there and I can't figure out why.

I'm using a Blufor helo instead of an empty one, that shouldn't matter right? I was thinking maybe they are merging and becoming part of the helo crew and that's why they won't leave? Anyway any help would be appreciated this one has me so frustrated right now simply b/c I don't see why it's not working.

that's funny, after literally hours of trying to get this to work, 5 minutes after I post this I finally figured how to make it work heh.

I was just using the u1 action ["getOut", NRhelo1]; to get them out but seems it works smoother to just use the waypoints and not that code. Stupid simple and of course that's always the last thing you try I guess. :)