Sign in to follow this  
lawl0059

Extreme Ping (Altis)

Apparently, sometime in the past 2 months, a patch for Arma 3 has made hosting games for me AND my friends a challenge.

I used to host ***Arma 2*** servers alot and had a popular server. One day I tried hosting, or even just playing arma 2 servers, and my router would get DDOS'd by the game, apparently.

Arma 3 gives me a similar issue but to a lesser degree. I can host a game for altis/stratis, ***FPS*** is fine until you enter a town but my *****PING***** goes from 55-57ms (standard based on teamspeak) to 2000 or higher. I can replicate this issue every single time just by starting a server and waiting at the screen where you edit mission params/disable AI.

This ***WAS NOT*** an issue the last time I played this game. (2-3 months ago)

When my friends connect, they'll get lag spikes that'll make the game unplayable. (yellow/red chain, teleporting, etc)

When I connect to one of my friends servers and it varies from person to person (TESTED with 3 people), my ping stays around 50-80 and I'll get ingame lag spikes whenever the host gets red/yellow chains. While I had that issue, another player got a worse version of it - (seeing us driving in place for 2+ minutes) - We aren't connecting overseas, our pings are fine when we don't play arma 3, have no issues with other games.

Anyone else having issues like this? I'd find it extremely hard to believe otherwise, since we had 3 people to test this and the issue persisted every attempt.

***EDIT***: This happens regardless of the map selected, ignore (Altis). Also made dupe thread in Troubleshooting, not sure which this belongs in honestly.

***EDIT*** Potentially fixed, game requires port 2302 to be forwarded.

Edited by lawl0059