Sign in to follow this  
rebel_nbk

Ofp instalation problem

I have played OFP for months now and have bought all the expansion packs and downloaded a lot of add ons.

Yesterday I uninstalled all the 3 versions (OFP, Red hammer and Resistance) because I wanted to get rid of all the add ons. Then I wanted to install OFP again, but I get this error* over and over again.

Filer read error

Q:\Flashpoint\Worlds\abel.wrp

So i went to the boards and did all I could find overthere: scandisk, defragmentation, VIA 4in1 drivers update, virus check, I even copied the files manualy...I can copy everyfile but not the files in the World map, so I think there is the problem.

I tried to run the game, without the Worlds file, and the game started but crashed after the Codemaster logo, given me an error about a wrong serial number. SO I went to the boards again found a possible solution (run setup and put in your serial number) but it didnt work sad.gif

So the question is...what the heck is going on??

Should I buy a new copy of the game or is there a fix??

Is it possible to get the Worlds files by someone else (by email?)

Well this is my problem hope someone can fix it sad.gif

Rebel

rebel_nbk@hotmail.com

Well I have 'solved' my problem. I went to my friends house stole his copy of OFP and installed the game with it. I installed Red Hammer and Resistance after it and now I run the game with the Resistance CD cause I had to bring the copy bak to my friends house. If I try to play the original OFP with my old copy after I have installed it with my friends copy ( you still there??) the game does not load!

It only load with the Resistance copy!!

Still I want to know whats wrong with my original OFP CD??