Sign in to follow this  
wallside

location to define custom functions

Hello,

can someone tell me what's the correct location to define custom per-mission functions? The problem with the init.sqf seems to be, that it isn't guaranteed to be executed before scripts in init-fields (where I want to use those functions).

There isn't any "set in stone" locations for custom functions. You can put them in a functions folder. If it is a custom function that you made then I suggest create a file called functions.sqf. You can place this file along side your init.sqf or in a folder but usually I just leave along side the init. Inside your init.sqf put this line of code in the file

execVM "functions.sqf";

Make sure that the game reads the functions before the functions are being called.

Make sure that the game reads the functions before the functions are being called.

Well, exactly that was my problem.

kylania, if I read your link (thx!) correctly, functions declared inside the description.ext are available right at the beginning?

Edited by wallside
wrong username

you could put a waitUntil in there to wait for your functions.sqf to be finished before continueing.

functions = [] execVM "functions.sqf";
waitUntil {scriptDone functions};

Thank you all, I think the link from kylania has answered my question conclusively.