Sign in to follow this  
kludermor

Multiplayer not working anymore

I have been playing Arma3 multiplayer a few times. Also after the last update i few days ago. But yesterday the multiplayer stopped working. When I try to join a server, the screen changes to the island overview, I can see a group chat bar in lower left corner, which disappears after a few seconds. After about one minute, a message tell me I was kicked from the game.

During the Stratis island overview I can press escape and return to the lobby. I have tried many different servers. All the same.

I can go online in other multiplayer games.

Rest of ARMA3 is working as usual.

I have seen a post made in June in another forum with the same issue but no replies.

Any solutions?

SOLVED: See last post

Edited by kludermor
Solved

Do you get a reason why you were kicked? Have you installed mods? (Check Config tab -> Expansions) What build are you on? What version is it?

I can see a group chat bar in lower left corner, which disappears after a few seconds

I got the same problem, i can play normally but my chat disappears after the briefing, when i start playing i can't see it anymore, while others can see what i type, it's pretty boring alt tab everytime cause of steam messing up ArmA 3 for the ingame chat of steam.

I got the 0.77.1 I have this problem since months but, i rarely play MP cause of every server is Wasteland, so i don't really need it, but i noticed in editor if i make a script about chatting it won't show up.

P.S. Sorry for the offtopic, but i can't post new threads.

Search is your friend :)

In options, check Stream friendly UI interface- something like that, on my phone atm

Search is your friend :)

In options, check Stream friendly UI interface- something like that, on my phone atm

Tried to search, but didn't solved... i wouldn't post here :P

Anyway still the problem if i open steam it will make impossible to use the keyboard... any solution? (I didn't searched tho)

Tried to search, but didn't solved... i wouldn't post here :P

Anyway still the problem if i open steam it will make impossible to use the keyboard... any solution? (I didn't searched tho)

If you managed to screencap your issue that'd be fantastic. The group chat going isn't anything out of the ordinary; you should stay on the same channel but it's just there to let you know when you change your channels. The only bit out of order is the whole kick issue.

I don't get a reason for being kicked. I am running the game straight as steam installed it. Version 0.76.109065.

As far as I know the game have not updated since it worked two days ago.

And just to be clear. My issue is not the chat bar disappearing. It is the multiplayer not starting ;)

Looks like steam was in offline mode. Now multiplayer is working again.