Sign in to follow this  
s3kShUn61

BEC "ERROR :: BE Bans.txt does not exsist"

So here is where I'm stuck, I'm just going to paste the message I sent to support[at]ibattle.org:

So I have gone through every forum I can find as well as the BiS wikis and I cannot find a solution to this problem. The error message I am receiving is "Error :: BE Bans.txt does not exsist" (yes exsist is a typo on the BEC end) and I have the paths set up EXACTLY as detailed in the BiS forums as well as on your website. Added parameter to the start of arma3server.exe is -bepath=C:\MyBattleEye and has created the directory. Within said directory I created a BEServer.cfg which it detected without problem and it created the BEServer.dll without a problem as well. However it then said BE Bans.txt does not exsist. So I created Bans.txt and tried again, however it still gives the same error. I tried the following: "Bans.txt", "bans.txt", "BE Bans.txt", and "BEBans.txt" to no avail. I have tried with the server running and with it offline and still nothing. The path given in my Config.cfg is C:\MyBattleEye, which contains no spaces which one user said could be a problem.

If you can see anything in here that makes sense as to why it wont work please let me know. At this point it has become a huge pain in the ass bc I have all the 'difficult' stuff finished and its this one file it will not find even though it exists. And the BiS forums DO NOT say anything about the Bans.txt file besides for mentioning it once in the working directory of BattlEye.

So here is where I'm stuck, I'm just going to paste the message I sent to support[at]ibattle.org:

So I have gone through every forum I can find as well as the BiS wikis and I cannot find a solution to this problem. The error message I am receiving is "Error :: BE Bans.txt does not exsist" (yes exsist is a typo on the BEC end) and I have the paths set up EXACTLY as detailed in the BiS forums as well as on your website. Added parameter to the start of arma3server.exe is -bepath=C:\MyBattleEye and has created the directory. Within said directory I created a BEServer.cfg which it detected without problem and it created the BEServer.dll without a problem as well. However it then said BE Bans.txt does not exsist. So I created Bans.txt and tried again, however it still gives the same error. I tried the following: "Bans.txt", "bans.txt", "BE Bans.txt", and "BEBans.txt" to no avail. I have tried with the server running and with it offline and still nothing. The path given in my Config.cfg is C:\MyBattleEye, which contains no spaces which one user said could be a problem.

If you can see anything in here that makes sense as to why it wont work please let me know. At this point it has become a huge pain in the ass bc I have all the 'difficult' stuff finished and its this one file it will not find even though it exists. And the BiS forums DO NOT say anything about the Bans.txt file besides for mentioning it once in the working directory of BattlEye.

Did you try -bepath=C:\MyBattleEye\ notice the \

I have the '\' in both the parameters -bepath=C:\MyBattlEye\ and in the Config.cfg in BEC where BePath = C:\MyBattlEye\ . I have tried both with them (the '\') trailing ...MyBattlEye\ and without them. Neither works. I just dont understand how it can find BEServer.cfg in the working directory but cannot find bans.txt in the same directory. That is how I know the path is working correctly.

I fixed that now. Turns out I had the file "bans.txt", which was of type ".txt", however it was looking for "bans" which was of type ".txt", this is rather confusing when calling it "bans.txt" in all the instructions.

However I now have a new problem, when I run it through console, BEC starts, checks for an update, then tries connecting to my server where it then crashes. I tried it with both my server's ip and the 127.0.0.1 it recommended.

I fixed that now. Turns out I had the file "bans.txt", which was of type ".txt", however it was looking for "bans" which was of type ".txt", this is rather confusing when calling it "bans.txt" in all the instructions.

However I now have a new problem, when I run it through console, BEC starts, checks for an update, then tries connecting to my server where it then crashes. I tried it with both my server's ip and the 127.0.0.1 it recommended.

That is not an issue with the instructions, it is a result of Microsoft's defaults for showing file names

I suggest that you go to folder options and untick "Hide Extensions for Known File Types", it will save you a lot of time trying to work out which file is which and what their full name is. After you have done that re-check your file name.