Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Change how unit are displayed in mission lobby.

I am just wondering is it possible to change how units are displayed in the lobby, where players select which units they belong, instead of displaying Alpha 1-1 Alpha 2-1 for each group, is it possible to say have one squad named in the lobby as Zephir Delta, Bravo Tango. The reason behind this, is that I am in the planning stage of a mission where there are to be several squads, which will have different objectives and located at different areas, so I want the group names to show this.

Is this at all possible and if so, how would it be done, any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Put text in the Description field of their unit on the map. The order they are in is the order you place them down on the map.

Thanks for that Kylania.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

I tried to enter a name into the description field of the unit, but it keeps coming up with Invalid variable name. I was entering 31st Militia 1, then 31st_Militia_1 then Delta and all I got was invalid variable name. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong.

names can't start with numbers

---------- Post added at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

These settings:

AR14hqM.jpg

Result in seeing this on the login screen (Description field):

gdXQ0CG.jpg

and this when you talk in game (setGroupID init):

6wCeavL.jpg

You'd refer to the unit in game for triggers/scripts as zephirdelta1.

but is there a way to change the "alpha 1-1" when yo uare in the unit selection screen?

Not that I'm aware of. You can 'hide' it ingame by using the setGroupID command, but not on the slot selection screen.