Sign in to follow this  
UNDERDAOATH

Replace radio options with my own

I'm working on a mod where the radio will no longer be necessary, however I will have tons of options and would like to avoid putting them on the scroll menu. I was hoping I could find a way to override the buttons 1-9 so that they show my own options and execute a script when selected. After searching for a while, I was only able to find ways to add them under "Custom" and "Radio." If someone could someone please tell me if what I'm trying to do is possible, and how to approach it, it would be much appreciated. It doesn't matter whether it requires a mod or is on the mission file, although if possible I would like it to be on the mission.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: To make it clear:

I don't want the radio options to exist at all.

Currently, when I press 1, I see

5 Status

0 Reply

I want to have my own options for each button, for example if I press 1, I'll see

1 Jump

2 Lift

3 Punch

And If I press 2, same thing, different options.

EDIT 2: I assume some way of overriding the keys would work too, but I'm not sure how to do that either.

Edited by UNDERDAOATH

Just place down a Trigger and set it's Activation to Radio Alpha through Raido Juliet. Each one would be 0-0-1 through 0-0-9. Then just have the trigger onAct call your scripts.

Or use the Communication Menu options.

Just place down a Trigger and set it's Activation to Radio Alpha through Raido Juliet. Each one would be 0-0-1 through 0-0-9. Then just have the trigger onAct call your scripts.

Or use the Communication Menu options.

I'm aware of this method, however I don't want the radio options to exist at all.

Currently, when I press 1, I see

5 Status

0 Reply

I want to have my own options for each button, for example if I press 1, I'll see

1 Jump

2 Lift

3 Punch

And If I press 2, same thing, different options.

Sorry if this wasn't clear. Adding to OP.

Ahh I see. Only tried to that once and failed miserable at doing it. But others have. It's definitely non-trivial. You'll need to use DIK KeyCodes as I understand it and that's the limit of my understanding.

There was an ArmA2 i44 default mission that had whistles when you pressed L or something, might look into that for some inspiration. Not sure what'll happen when you reuse a key that's already got a built in engine function though. I'd probably go with cascading Comm Menu links instead. Or if it's something fast unused keys?