Sign in to follow this  
Hawk4669

Another newbie question

Hello again all,

I've done the search, but haven't found quite what I'm looking for.

What I'd like to do is have a player start off the mission in a freefall (no chute open yet). Then, a few hundred feet from the ground, the chute opens and he falls safely to the ground below.

I'm not worried about having a vehicle involved, just would like to do the freefall, and safe landing.

Anyone able to help? Thanks very much in advance!

Hawk

Hello

As i dont know how much you are familiar with the OFP editor, i will make this step by step , user friendly

You can do this with what i suggest you (there is other way, but this is the most simple for me)

*1* -Create a soldier , west or east

*2*-In the Initialization line of this soldier, type exactly this (with the exact spaces, the (),[] , dont forget any)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +500]<span id='postcolor'>

it will teleport the unit at +500 (dont know if it is really 500m )  up in the air in my example.

In the Name case (for the example) type

BOB

*3*-Create far away an empty unit (create an unit , select side Empty) , select its Class : Air , then select the Unit Parachute (4 choices of parachutes)

*4*-In the Initialization line of this parachute, type this :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) +4000]<span id='postcolor'>

(so no one will see an empty parachute at this altitude and it will not touch the ground and be removed before the following trigger start)

In the Name case (for my example) type

PARA

*5*-Create a trigger (the unit named BOB must be in this trigger range) , select in the Activation case West or East (depends of the side of the soldier)

Now Type 8 at the Min , Max and Mid cases ( so it is 3 times 8 ) (this is to start the trigger 8 seconds after the drop in my example)

at the On Activation case, type exactly that (again with the exact spaces, the (),[] , dont forget any)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">PARA setpos [getpos BOB select 0, getpos BOB select 1, (getpos BOB select 2)]; BOB MOVEINDRIVER PARA<span id='postcolor'>

This trigger , when the 8 second will be reached, will teleport  the parachute to the exact location of the soldier and to its altitude too (it is important you count time and distance , if you want your soldier alive smile.gif ) and te soldier will become the "driver" of it

That is the easy way , there must be scripts , but i prefer that personnally wink.gif

I hope it helps you in your mission

You will have to play with the starting altitude and the count numbers of the trigger to make your drop at the 100m you wanted too

Thanks....that was what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

Hawk