Sign in to follow this  
frankiie

FPS Problem after updating driver..

Hello, I'm in need of some serious help. Previously I bought my computer and it had the default Nvidia 314.22 driver, and I thought maybe if I upgraded to 320.49 driver I would get better performance, even though I had good performance still..

So I downloaded it and it did nothing but just make my FPS bad af. The highest I could get was 30 on low, and on high (I usually played regulary, on SP and even in MP) getting only 20 FPS. In MP I was getting like 15 FPS. Which is not even playable.. so I thought well, might as well switch back to 314.22 driver, but now that I did switch back. My PC is performing the same as it did with the 320.49. I get like 13 FPS in MP on default high settings. 30 On low if Im lucky.. I used to be able to play Ultra in MP with like 25-30 FPS. :/ I just don't know what happened exactly, but I really really need to get this fixed.

Im sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I need some help. Please anything is helpful. :) Thanks'

System specs:

I7 3630QM @ 2.4GHz

8 Gigs RAM

GeForce GT 650M

Win 8 64 Bit

Edited by Frankiie

Perhaps the new driver defaulted your nvidia control panel settings?

Perhaps the new driver defaulted your nvidia control panel settings?

'I never really changed settings outside of Arma 3. Do you recommend any setting inside the Nvidia control panel to change to help get better performance? Maybe even if it is just a raise of 5 FPS. Fine with me.

But overall, after getting on last night and continuely messing with the settings, I think I fixed the main source of what was killing my fps. I think having the "V-Sync Enabled" made my fps lower quite a bit. After disabling it, it was performing way better.