Sign in to follow this  
Xonerator

ArmA 3 GUI anomolies

I've been trying to post feedback about this but am getting very frustrated at not being able to. My GUI is pretty messed up so I can't tell everything on there and definitely don't see any link to give feedback. I see 3 links and they all take me to the feedback page, but don't allow me to actually submit anything.

I've had this issue in both the alpha and beta - though it doesn't seem as bad in the beta - incomplete fonts on menu titles and messages, plus the pop-up descriptions. I can't say which version I have, because it is unreadable - it's the very first beta, released on Steam today.

It's not just the GUI - even the Steam messages are just wibble with incomplete fonts. But only in ArmA 3.

I didn't find a similar problem mentioned anywhere in the feedback lists.

EDIT:

I don't believe it, but I actually just sorted this issue! After these weeks and finally raising it here - all the hassle of doing the video, editing, converting etc etc.

The cure? Simply changing the start-up properties to disabling desktop composition and visual themes (basically disabling desktop aero). Menus are just fine now - so if you have this issue, you know what to do!

Mind you - it does require a direct link to the ArmA3.exe rather than starting from Steam. Maybe there is a way to do it from Steam, but this way is easier as the shortcut is used for enabling mods anyway.

Chars :)

Update:

This doesn't work every time - it hasn't worked since I tried and tested it as above.

Here's the video of the problem:

http://youtu.be/c18ih-V3doY

Edited by Xonerator
spelling

Wow mate, not seen that one before, maybe create a ticket for the tracker?