Sign in to follow this  
daringd

Asphalt ground texture creating ungly dark line between surface types..

So,

having placed the stock asphalt texture next to other stock AND custom ground textures, I consistently get a dark line where ever it meets the next texture and tries to fade across to create that lovely smooth transition between. I can't post a picture because I'm not at my desktop and I won't be for a while, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on a solution. I noticed the asphalt texture is 2048x2048 while most of the rest are 1024x1024, could this be the source of the problem?

D

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s612/andrew_voorhees32/ArmA2OA2013-03-2500-06-20-72_zps6b2d57ca.png

Is that at all like whats happening with your textures? If so BL posted something about the order surfaces in the layers.cfg

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151619-Difficulty-Smoothing-Transitions-between-different-Terrain-Surfaces

In the end i just was lazy and cranked up the clutter density to cover the weird transition lines...

Hope this helps!

-Andrew

COuld be, I@ll give it a shot tomorrow! it looks similar yes, and if you are any distance above the terrain it looks terrible the dark line becomes like, an actual outline... anyway, as I said, i'll give it a shot....

Thanks

D

Edited by daringd

Ok chancing the order of things didn't change anything...

here is a picture so you can understand what i am talking about

daringunnamedWIP-TEX-TROUBLE_zps3ad19374.jpg

D

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Also!

I wonder, there is no MCO for the asfalt texture..... could this be causing the problem too??? just checking it out now as well...

D

---------- Post added at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

I got it!!!! SOLVED

it was the lack of a NOPX element in the texture setup, I created one and added it to the RVMAT, re imported the whole satmap and so on, and Bob's-your-uncle! It worked, no more annoying dark line around my lovely asfalt layer!

D